Hello all School Coaches,
This is your official invitation to the 2022 Super State School Team Chess Tournament!
• Date: The tournament will take place on February the 18th, 19th, 20th, and 21st!
• Friday, Feb 18th, and Saturday, Feb 19th will be the NMAA High School State Team Championships. There will be two categories of competition, made up of the Small School Division (1A-3A, 5 kids per team)and the large Schools Division (4A-5A, 6 kids per team). The first round will take place on Friday evening at 6 pm, followed by two to three more rounds on Saturday depending on the number of entries. Saturdays morning round will start at 9 am, other round times will be announced on-site.
• Sunday, Feb 20th will be the Middle State School Team Championships with 5 on a team, 3 to 4 rounds depending on the number of teams entered. The morning round will start at 9 am, other round times will be announced on-site.
• Monday, Feb 21st will be the Elementary State School Team Championships with 5 on a team, 3 to 4 rounds depending on the number of teams entered. The morning round will start at 9 am, other round times will be announced on-site.
• Location: The Location of the tournament is at the Ramada 2020 Menaul Blvd NE Alb 87107, mention your with the chess tournament and receive a special discount for rooms.
• Registration: All Schools need to be registered by 8 PM on February 11th Thursday, with no on-site registration. Send in your player’s list.
• Time Controls: High School G/55 Delay 5 seconds, Middle School G45/Delay 5 seconds, Elementary G30/ Delay 5 seconds.
• The NM Team Challenge Tourney, a side tournament that will be run parallel to the NMAA State tournament on Saturday, February 19th, space is limited, so send your preregistration early. The NM Team Challenge is open to any team from a school with a team of 5 members!
• Important Items:
o There will be a $40 dollar entry fee for the tournament per team and $20 for teams in the NM Team Challenge. Cash or checks, please. Please have all checks and/or Money orders made out to Steve Perea and send to 2550 Isleta #36 Alb NM 87105. Payment for the Tournament must be received by February 10th by mail. Payment can also be made onsite. Be sure to bring the NMAA eligibility form for your players! This form, attached, needs to be filled out and signed by the appropriate school official.
o Teams must be made of students attending the same school, Contact me about students playing “up” before the event.
If you have any questions or concerns, please drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org, nmchess.com, or give me a call at 505-315-8709. I’ll see you in Albuquerque!
NMAA State Chess Director